Author Topic: YouTube Video - Slideshow showing many Metallic Foil Finishes  (Read 13169 times)

Offline PainterJan

• postingpro
    • Jan's Creative Color
Re: YouTube Video - Slideshow showing many Metallic Foil Finishes
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:27 AM »
Well I am glad they are getting better.  I bought software call Sony Vegas Studio Platnum edition and it allows you to do tons of stuff.  I am still getting use to it but have figured out now how to add all kinds of stuff to the videos to give them a much more interesting look. 

I haven't used that product, I have always used Adobe Premiere and AfterFX to put vids together, I might check that Sony stuff out! I worked in the video production arena for more years than I'm willing to say ;) and one thing I can tell you is to learn the proper placement of your camera and use of your hands and body so they do not block the viewer from seeing what you are doing. Also spell check, spell check, spell check... Other than that, excellent stuff and very imformative!
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” -Oscar Wilde

Offline PainterJan

• postingpro
    • Jan's Creative Color
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 11:28:41 AM »
As far as base color, I use a multitude of colors but my favs are black, espresso, dark brown, rust, leather red, red and gold.  As for sizes you can use oil based satin, semi, gloss or high gloss paint (higher the sheen longer the tack) or I suggest wunda size.  Staining needs to be done if you use wunda size but if you use a paint then it will dry 100% in about 6 hours.  Watch the videos and let me know if you still have questions.

This is great stuff, very interesting and you make it look easy! It does seem like a dark color underneath would show off the foil better, I would like to try the red and gold. Thanks for sharing these. The mural I just finished is going to need a frame, this might be a good look for it.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” -Oscar Wilde

Offline FoilEffects

• Foil Effects
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »
Sorry for not posting, been very sick!  :P  Will try to put some videos together for you guys so you can learn a little something for nothing.  I love showing how easy thing are.  Have you guys seen my mirror videos?  I dont know if you know but I am a mirror designer as well and do custom antique mirror glass for very very high end clients and designers.  That is where a lot of my faux work comes from as they want a complete package deal.  my cousin Rick does concrete counters, I have an uncle that is an electrician and some more family in other trades.  It is nice to work on a house with family when you are not working together.  I will post a mirror video in another post.
Check out our website at
www.foileffects.com

Vin

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 12:36:50 AM »
Rob recieved foil and pin striping  today got the piece I am going to be working on stained today and will seal with a few coats of poly.

The pin striping ? is it solid ? I don't think I want solid gold on this thinking foil effect a broken pattern, I bought a can of spray rustoleum black once I tape off around area I can spray on the rustoleum let it tack up and bunch up a piece of the gold foil and rub with a rag ?

I will get a picture of the shelf later once its ready and post.

anything