Author Topic: painting mobile homes  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Mattie

• I'm a llama!
painting mobile homes
« on: March 03, 2006, 05:28:33 PM »
Just got a call to give a price on painting the interior of a doublewide trailer. Does anyone have any advice or any pitfalls to watch out for?  Thanks.

P.S. I've been paid out for the ceiling and the people are happy but I KNOW it could have used another coat, there is some streaking etc. Fine line between telling people how it should be properly done and them thinking you just want extra work for extra money! LOL

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
Re:painting mobile homes
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 10:39:27 PM »
Hi Mattie,

Just be careful about what type of surface you are painting...A lot of manufactured homes have pre-finished drywall, usually vinyl covered...so a primer for walls and trim will be a must. Also, moldings are usually not standard size or placement so color "break outs" and transitions should be a matter of discussion with the homeowner.

Best of Luck
rmichael     pro painter

PS.. Glad you got paid for the ceiling...Some folks are happy with the statement "Hey, That's what one coat Looks Like".. ;)
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline DecorativeWalls

• postingpro
  • I'm a llama!
Re:painting mobile homes
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 08:18:19 PM »
agree with Michael,  done several painting jobs on mobile homes and usually you have that slick vinyl fiberboard stuff, and definitely would need a good bonding primer first and the the strips can be a pain when painting around also. :)