Author Topic: BM regal flat Deep base issue's.  (Read 3057 times)

Offline JCN

BM regal flat Deep base issue's.
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »
It's the newbie again ;D.  Still working on the penthouse and the oil base went fine.  The customer specified BM regal flat(all deep base colors.) to be used on all walls and ceilings.   This stuff is flashing like crazy and coverage is crap.  I've tried laying it off, back rolling and nothing is working.  I'm using a 3/8 lambswool on smooth wall and cannot get this stuff to lay down properly.  All colors are taking three coats and picking up a pretty good sheen by the time the third coat is on..  Anyone else had these issues?  I've never had a flat give me so many problems.  I can see every damn roller pass no matter what I do.  Will the shine fade after a couple of weeks? 10$ a gallon glidden would out perform this stuff.  It has to be something with the deep base.

Offline waynec

Re: BM regal flat Deep base issue's.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 08:35:59 PM »
If you try Aura that may work well. You can at the very least cover in 2 coats no matter what color.

Offline Rambunctious

Re: BM regal flat Deep base issue's.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
Are you over rolling?  Dark colors normally take 2-3 coats.  If the paint has covered well and you see roller lines and cut lines with a flat paint then try to keep a wet edge as you apply the paint and keep your cut lines small.  Make sure you are not painting when the first coat is still wet.  Dark colors can be a pain when using top quality paint.  A flatter cheaper paint might be better for you project.

anything