Author Topic: Zinsser Cover Stain WB  (Read 29157 times)

Offline jackpauhl

• Maximum paint, minimum BS
    • Professional Painting Tips and Techniques
Re: Zinsser Cover Stain WB
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »
Gotta admire honesty. From Zinsser Cover Stain Water-Base:

Cover-Stain Water-Base blocks stains from water, nicotine, smoke damage – even tannin bleed from cedar – as well as oil-soluble stains like grease, crayon, tar or asphalt, usually in just one coat.

I recently did a never before painted popcorn ceiling with CS WB and I applied 2 coats of primer to it. I would have mopped it on if I had a way of doing it. The first coat absorbed into the ceiling, the second coat left it nice and white.

Here is the first coat. Photo taken quickly after I rolled it heavy and in a one-pass motion being careful not to roll an area twice.

Vin

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »
2nd coat is necessary for sure here's my pics the cabinets I mentioned covered fine after a 2nd coat, the one with the ceiling leak stains the CS would not cover even after 3 coats nothing would cover it that I had but I didn't have the kilz on me then.

CABINET

CABINET

CEILING STAINS

BTW this is the house I am doing now got the inside done next is the outside WOO HOO it will be beautiful again once done. I almost rented that house for myself but the lady got a lot of calls and interests and raised the price so I backed out of the deal it was perfect for what I needed it for lots of room to store my trailors dredging machines garage for painting stuff and projects Oh well it was to far out of town and the commute I would have hated.

FRONT

BACK

Offline jackpauhl

• Maximum paint, minimum BS
    • Professional Painting Tips and Techniques
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »
Vin, on the corner piece... is that oak plywood maybe veneer with the stain? The cabinets look like some sort of pickling?? Or are they just dingy and old?

Good info to know on that water stain. I have 1 so far of 6 water stains not covered in one coat of Cover Stain WB.

Vin

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »
Jack whatever they are they are CHEAPO'S they have like a tweed material in the middle of the doors, the ones in the back room that you see aren't painted are pretty nice just needed some cleaning up I think they are oak .

Guess what I got FLEA'S all over,  bites every where and my cats at home are scratching so I brought some home with me time to do some flea stuff on the cats necks real quick like to kill the fleas before they start laying eggs, been here done this.... :P

Vin

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20:41 AM »
OK heres the stuff I used today, we put it on a flat ceiling that had old oil base paint on it all we did was TSP'd ( the real deal ) the ceiling and a bunch of door jambs then applied one coat of the zinser.

I took my finger nail and tried to strip it off NO GO then I took a puty knife and tried to score it and could barely get anything to scrape off , this is really goooood primer highly recommend it.