Author Topic: Partial Pics of a recent Project  (Read 8435 times)

Offline wje

• Wes Evans Painting
Partial Pics of a recent Project
« on: April 01, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »
First time trynig to post pics in this forum, please be patient....
Siekens Cetol 23... I was in tears when i finished this unit, absolutely horrid crap to work with..

100 year old fur casings, semi stripped, buffed, refinished with a polyurethane/lightly tinted with stain

3rd story loft turned into reading/sitting area

Master Bedroom

Bath

Basement in a different place, white accent wall acts as Projection screen

more

Vin

Re: Partial Pics of a recent Project
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »
Well it looks nice and you didn't have to do the entire house at least. I just finished doing 2,600 ft of baseboard jambs doors stairway with poly what a fricken nighmare that was brushed it all MIS TAKE!!

Isn't cetol for exteriors ?

Offline wje

• Wes Evans Painting
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 08:50:01 PM »
Well I did have to do the whole house, not with cetol however but the place was gutted, redesigned and then rebuilt. I have more pics, but they didn't turn out. In the attic The trim has 5 coats, 1 primer, 2 finish, then they changed their minds on the colour so 2 more finish coats. Whole house was brush and rolled. I rarely spray, expect for ceilings on theodd job.

The cetol was the home owners and they wanted it as it matched the outside, so i wasn't going to argue.

Offline canadianpainter

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »
Looks good.  Nice clean lines.  Too bad you got stuck using a crap product. 

Vin

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »
Okay I see the rest on your website Wes, very nice job that's a lot of work I know!

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:52:18 AM »
That Cetol 23 gasses off like virtually nothing else and the stench is nasty...These people were really prepared for 2-4 weeks of Sikkens curing inside their house?

Offline wje

• Wes Evans Painting
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 01:07:58 PM »
Well  I should have given the specifics first.. these home owners started a kitchen reno and then their house caught fire.. the second and third floors were to be gutted and restored, but the owners hired all of us to do a complete gut job and rebuild and remodel of the whole house. They had originally used the Siekens on the old door unit inside and out so i asked and re-asked if they were sure they wanted me to use that crap becuase I could easily match another product to the same colour, but they insisted, 2 of the carpenters were working a few feet away and we were all in tears lol.

I used ICI inspirations on everything else. All the walls were satin, while all the trim was done in eggshell. I also had to work with a designer on this one, and we all know the added headaches that adds especially when you aren't familiar with them. This guy alone added at least an additional $3000 due to bad colour choice, poor co-cordination and working backwards... It was  a good job for me but I was definately ready to leave. I still have 3 custom doors that I will have to go back and colour match a stain and then polyurethane them.

anything