Author Topic: A couple recent jobs  (Read 9881 times)

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
A couple recent jobs
« on: April 16, 2009, 02:32:58 PM »
I thought I'd post up a couple pictures of some recent jobs.

Last week, I had the honor of installing a product by Maya Romanoff called Geode. A version of their Beadazzled line, but with random large beads. The facing of the paper consists of glass beads. Should be interesting trying to cut this stuff. It is also very heavy.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
Re: A couple recent jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »
This stuff was to be installed on the back wall of a book case in between the fixed shelves.

I sanded and tacked the surface, and primed the outer perimeter with a flat latex paint mixed to the color of the Geode. I also put a swipe of color down the middle where my seam would be.

I then primed the whole area with Gardz.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:38:04 PM »
I was scared to see how this stuff would cut. It required the use of a utility knife with multiple new blades. I went through around 22 blades for the whole job.

It took very precise measuring and the use of a square to cut out the individual panels. I had to cut, paste and hang one at a time due to the fact that the book case was over 60 years old and you can bet your ass it wasn't even close to being square.

The cuts came out better than I would've imagined, but still weren't close to being perfectly straight.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:39:49 PM »
I pasted the wall with Dynamite 234, and the back of the panel.

I would let both sit for around 10 minutes to give it time to 'flash off' and achieve optimum stickyness. I would also brush in around the edges (of the wall) with the gummy half-dried out paste from the back of the screen in my paste bucket because that stuff is as sticky as it gets.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 02:41:47 PM »
I had to pat myself on the back. The seams looked awesome, much better than I thought they would.

BLING! The stuff really catches the light with my flash on. This picture shows the seam.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
The finished product:

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »
A couple storefront murals. Made out of a new material by Korographics called Revolve, it consists of recycled and reclaimed wallpaper resulting in a thin, pulpy, and very stretchy material. Hung nicely, double cut even better.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 02:50:02 PM »
Yesterday I did a small mural at the InBev/AB corporate head quarters. Slightly different from the one I did there last year, the printer used photoshop to update the beer packaging in the cooler. In at 9:30am, home eating lunch by 12:30pm.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »
PW
As usual you did a great job. Love the beaded wallcovering, but wouldn't want to hang it.

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

anything