Author Topic: New to bidding jobs,,,HELP  (Read 11348 times)

Offline Brians Painting

• Pro Painters
  • I'm a llama!
New to bidding jobs,,,HELP
« on: March 04, 2005, 10:47:22 PM »
I have painted p/t for about 3 yrs. (Mostly friends,Family) Recently I got my first "Real customer" from signs I placed in the area. (Delaware). I bid the job @ $500. for 3 bedrooms (30x20, (2)12x15,,Been told that will hurt the market (Low-baller) trying to avoid this mistake again. Now the neighbor of my customer is talking about painting her whole house. Trying to fing a current rate for sq.ft pricing or is this a bad way to go? Any comments would be appreciated.

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Flying this Spruce Goose
    • painterforum
Re:New to bidding jobs,,,HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 11:37:35 PM »
Brian,

Sq. Ft. bids vary widely and are subject to many different factors ( including experience ). I suggest that you start out by charging an hourly labor rate plus materials (or let the customer provide the materials.) Do not sell yourself short, charge a rate that you can live with.
Offer a general idea of how long you think the job will take, this will give your customer a ballpark figure of the job's cost.
Establish a reputation for quality workmanship while you gain "on site" bidding experience.

Admin propainter
I am a webmaster in the tradition of Howard Hughes, I fly this Spruce Goose of a website through cyberspace by the seat of my pants and I usually manage to keep her just above the water, but every now and then I get a wet ass. Let me know if you feel a shudder.

Offline Parker1

Re: New to bidding jobs,,,HELP
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 05:13:48 AM »
Been told that will hurt the market (Low-baller) trying to avoid this mistake again. Now the neighbor of my customer is talking about painting her whole house. Trying to fing a current rate for sq.ft pricing or is this a bad way to go? Any comments would be appreciated.
watson

anything