Author Topic: the Ugly  (Read 10029 times)

Offline Splash22

the Ugly
« on: September 12, 2009, 12:10:40 PM »
A few years back I had a very bad, yet funny thing happen. It was the end of the day and I went to pick up some stock for the next day. I took this helper i had with me and he drove an old station wagon that i used for getting product to jobs. Well we were heading back to the shop with him directly behind me. As the traffic slowed in front of me i braked and he didn't. I was looking in my rearview mirror and could see he wasn't paying attention to the road so I veered to the right and hit my brakes to avoid a mailbox and he slammed into the back of me. I got out to check on him and just lost it. a couple of 5's had exploded toward the front of the wagon. white paint was every where. dripping off the rearview mirror down his shoulders, just everywhere. But the coup de gras was his golden (now spotted) retriever, the poor dog was covered with paint dripping off his ears and head, just wish i had a camera, it was priceless. White paint was pouring down every hole and crack in the dash. The bad part was he didn't have ins., which he said he had and didn't show up for work for a few days and when I went to his apt to check on him he had left town. Funny, sad and true.
Every time I close the door on reality
 it comes in thru the windows..............

Offline jackson86

• Portrait Painting
Re: the Ugly
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:33:52 AM »
Your story is really having all parts. This is real art to write on any topic, to paint on any topic, to sing any thing, to act anything. I love art and artist. Actually I am a struggling artist.

This is the third time removing a spam link from your posts, Read our Terms and Conditions, consider this a last warning.
Admin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:10:39 PM by admin »

Offline PaintingDenver

• Cal Phillips receiving Painting Award in 2007
    • Painting Denver
Re: the Ugly
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 02:13:07 AM »
Need you one of them there camera phones. Great story btw. Moved up to a Blackberry, but returned to my flip phone. Now know why laws are in place not texting and calling while driving. Buttons & numbers so small need a pair of reading specs just to see the numbering. I was swerving too much going down the highway, I felt my larger keypad was much better and safer for all. Did enjoy the Blackberry's camera though. A 5.5 megapixel opposed to my 3.1 flip phone.   
Painting Contractor, serving Denver Front Range and State of Colorado, providing complete House Painting by Colorado's Finest House Painters