Author Topic: XIM for Aura  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Hangman

XIM for Aura
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
I'm going to paint a vaulted wall monday as an accent wall (15'wide X 18' tall). Using a dark red Aura (base 4). I know some of you use Aura regularly. My plan is to cut twice and then roll. I'm thinking of adding a splash of XIM conditioner. How will this affect the characteristics of this paint? Thanks...........Hangman
A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..........

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
Re: XIM for Aura
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 04:15:19 AM »
You really should not need it but it shouldn't hurt anything either

Offline CarlThePainter

• postingpro
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »
Aura has made their own conditioner now too.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »
I personally like just a little of both water and XIM, but in general I don't like paint to be like paste.
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline VJ1

• PRODUCT REP.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »
An Extender is not always necessary for AURA. However if you feel the need to use one, use the AURA Extender which is formulated for that product. The Gennex system in AURA is like no other and could be sensitive to generic extenders. Keep in mind that you have cut in and let it dry, then roll into a dry cut. It is very important that you do not roll into a wet cut or the roller will pick it back up. There is an application guide stuck to the lid of the can, be sure to read it first.
Vandi.
BM Rep.