Author Topic: Primer and Paint in one on new Drywall??  (Read 44343 times)

Offline tntpainting

Re: Primer and Paint in one on new Drywall??
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 10:15:32 PM »
is this new construction if so swp has a decent paint chb its godd for what ur talking about u can spray and backroll or brush and rollit 2 coats it takes acouple of days for mud line s to sink in they somtimes look like there flashing but after a day or two its ok .and its real cheap about 75 bucks for a 5er

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 03:01:27 AM »
As rmichael said, your issue is going to be the compound. The self priming paints work fine on new drywall, but the compound absorbs the resin in the paint at a much greater rate.The result is you may see a sheen difference in the finish coat between the board and the joints. Spot prime the joints with a primer/sealer, if you dont want to do a full prime just to be on the safe side.

Duron Interior Acrylic High Build Drywall Primer

Offline SixInARow

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 10:47:58 PM »
I too have gotten to the point where I am priming raw sheetrock and patches.  Anymore I have had blistering occur when trying to "get away" without it.

is this new construction if so swp has a decent paint chb its godd for what ur talking about u can spray and backroll or brush and rollit 2 coats it takes acouple of days for mud line s to sink in they somtimes look like there flashing but after a day or two its ok .and its real cheap about 75 bucks for a 5er
It sure was rough trying to read that mess of a misspelled poorly punctuated run-on.....

Offline jackson86

• Portrait Painting
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 04:13:32 AM »
Hii i think Primer will age faster and break down. It will fall to the ground as dust. Plus change color over time from light.I would leave it.

Spam links are not allowed. Your comment, on the other hand, is...interesting...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:42:19 AM by the PAINTSMITH »

anything