Author Topic: contract  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Painters Plus

• Quality first then speed!!
contract
« on: April 01, 2006, 05:14:34 PM »
Hey painters do all of you use a signed contract or do you just go by word? also do you always get a deposit first and how much? or do you only collect when the job is done?

the PAINTSMITH

Re:contract
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 05:50:25 PM »
Yep, contract; If you don't get it in writing you WILL get burned, I don't care how honest the customer is...

My standard deposit for any job over $1000 is 25%, and if the job is over $5000 I progress-bill, applying a portion of the deposit to each invoice...

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
Re:contract
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »
I get a signed contract for the entire job, then present what we call a phase bill.

Customers really like phase billing. When a room is complete, we do a walk-through for final inspection and collect the total for that room.

It also provides a good working relationship with you and the customer. If they are not completely happy with a detail, it provides an opportunty to fix and not repeat it throughout the house.

Phase painting always worked for me. After my first 5 years in the painting business, I quit asking for a down payment because I was no longer working for strangers. :)

BTW, a verbal will produce a lot of "I thought you said, I thought you were going to" and more..

Now, over the years I have developed a close-knit relationship with some customers. They would call and tell my office manager to come out and do the job. For them, I would work in the "danger zone" and was never disappointed.

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

anything