Author Topic: Builders exchange  (Read 7413 times)

Vin

Builders exchange
« on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »
Hey guys/gals sorry its been a awhile hope everyone is well, the OLD crowd :)..

Got a question, any of you members of your local Builders exchange ? and have you benefited from being a member.

I'm doing a 7 day trial on our local here to see what its all about, I understand a lot of plans and jobs get posted there for bidding so i'm interested.

Thanks , gracias :)P

the PAINTSMITH

Re: Builders exchange
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »

Vin, the builders association in my neck of the woods is designed pretty much for the glad-handing arrogant bunch that every community suffers. I'll have nothing to do with them. They've fired every ethical board member that tries to straighten them out, resulting in an almost impossible to reconcile set of books.

They use it to legitimize questionable businesses and business practices, like price fixing and bill rigging. My wife was their bookkeeper for a very short time. Once their fundraiser/promotions manager found that she couldn't get away with skimming dues and donations, the wife was told she "wasn't experienced".

Be wary of these outfits, including chambers of commerce. Some are good, some are great, unfortunately some are like the one here; Take your money, play kissy with you, then hire out of state trades for every city project...

The wholesale corruption and sewer-level ethics in some of these organizations are only reflections of a larger national issue, and it's widespread, accepted and ignored to where there's no policing of it, no authority with the time to pursue it...

But then again, I can only address the local situation. I've been turning people away from day one, and the builders ass. and chamber have had no part of it, nor will they benefit.

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
One thing about Eric. You really got to read between the lines to see how he feels!   ;D

Howyadoin Vinny?  Howsabout an update?
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 03:58:24 PM »
One thing about Eric. You really got to read between the lines to see how he feels!   ;D

Howyadoin Vinny?  Howsabout an update?

The wife sez that the removal of my meningioma last summer has made me...Blunt.

She thinks it will get me in trouble in this day and age of talking around issues. I'm a terminal case of defying that approach.

Yeah Vin, like Brush said; How ya doin'?

Offline Jake

• postingpro
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 05:50:13 PM »
She thinks it will get me in trouble in this day and age of talking around issues. I'm a terminal case of defying that approach.

Right on Eric!

Political correctness = B*llsh!t!

It's one thing if you really feel that way about something. It's an entirely different matter altogether if you just go along with the weakflow of the herd.

Also this...

Be wary of these outfits, including chambers of commerce. Some are good, some are great, unfortunately some are like the one here; Take your money, play kissy with you, then hire out of state trades for every city project...

That should be f-ing illegal

*EDIT* Oh yeah.... VINNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Happy 4th everyone!!!
The only thing that separates Paint from Pain... Is a t.

Vin

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 07:31:54 PM »
Welp i got off work comp recently from the knee and wanted to go back to work and there was no work and so i went back on work comp because I had a hernia surgery back in 2002 and its been really bothering me lately, some severe stomach pain, it tore and kept getting worse so i'm back on for another surgery but the knee is GREAT other then some swelling now and then.

Thanks Eric i'm going to check it out haven't heard anything bad about the exchange here yet ..

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 08:48:11 PM »
The only time I was blatantly stiffed by a customer was many years ago by the president of our local Chamber of Commerce! After agreeing to pay up he then refused my calls, had his Secretary tell me he was out of the office, etc. etc. I turned him over to a collection agency just to needle him but I knew I'd never see a dime of the $1,500.00 he STILL owes me...  >:(     8)
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Vin

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
Eeek that stinks !

Well i got the 7 day trial there aren't many painting jobs there for this area most of its construction type work so forget that.

I've gone and gotten my lead renovation certification and had to be firm certified through EPA and that checks been cashed so I should be getting that in the mail soon, then I need to find some liability insurance and will be able to work for HUD but its all on hold for now until I get my hernia repaired once again.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 09:06:42 PM »
Sorry Vin, but there ain't nothin' "soon" about the government..

90 days minimum.

Vin

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »
I decided not to go with the exchange right now and look into other things like governmet contracting LOL .

HEY thats where obama is putting all the money for his stimulus so what the hey as i get more info and anyone is interested I will post but not in this section since all information is government sensitive LOLOLOL and "need to know basis",  ;)