Author Topic: caulking  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Painters Plus

• Quality first then speed!!
caulking
« on: April 05, 2006, 06:44:41 PM »
Do all you painters include caulking in your price, or only if asked?

the PAINTSMITH

Re:caulking
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 06:52:37 PM »
You figure it in as part of your bid or estimate. It is generally an implied task, though I have specified it in some contracts as inclusive or not inclusive. If you don't know how to calculate a caulking labor estimate you may need to time yourself on a few jobs and go from there. Latex caulk is priced in a wide spectrum, I will sometimes add 20% if the job is large and I don't want to feel like a fool for giving profit away...

Offline CarlThePainter

• postingpro
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 08:55:59 PM »
I guess when I look at a job, if I see that there is a ton of caulking required, I figure that in.  Every job I look at, I break down the tasks involved and then add up the labor totals from each of the tasks.  You should never do the caulking for free....you really shouldn't do anything for free except eat the doughnuts that the homeowners sometimes provide for the painter.

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:02:01 PM »
I can remember a job where the baseboard was so wonky that the caulking cost about as much as the prep work.

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

anything