Author Topic: Search Engine Rankings  (Read 7959 times)

Offline jjpinkfloyd

Search Engine Rankings
« on: December 03, 2010, 03:14:51 PM »
Hello, My name is Jeff and I'm with Dynamic Painting in Daytona Beach. I have been researching how to improve position in the rankings when someone searches for painters on the web. I have recently discovered that one of the most important things you can do yourself for free is have your site linked to other sites. The more sites that link to you, the higher you move you up in the rankings. I thought that I could approach people with websites that are not in competition with me, and agree to put each others website links on our websites. Know what I mean? I put a link to you, you put a link to me, and we both move up in the rankings. You interested in finding out more?? Thanks, Jeff,  link deleted

Sorry Jeff, no self-promotion in the body, but a sig link is ok. Besides, the bulk of us are paint contractors, not web masters...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:46:57 PM by the PAINTSMITH »

Offline ARC Painting Toronto

• Toronto painting
    • Toronto painters - ARC Painting
Re: Search Engine Rankings
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:56:11 AM »
I'm in the same boat, and its a good idea. Ive done some SEO research myself, and apparently Google crawlers are smart enough to detect fishy linking practices, so don't go and make big link pages of random painting sites, its not worth it. Google might not take kindly to local painting companies being linked from across the country. Just a thought.

It is good, though, to post in forums!

anything