Author Topic: Advertising Idea  (Read 16798 times)

Offline marcath

Advertising Idea
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:17:31 PM »
Hi Folks,

New to this forum. I have been painting for 25+ years, most all for a company.  tired of getting laid off, finding another company, laid off again, you may know the routine.

So.... I am going solo this spring....And want to run an advertising idea past you.

Most newhome buyers would like to personalize their new home to themselves, their prefrences and likes. I would think they have at least one room in their home they would like painted. Agreed?

I can get a list of all homes sold in my area in the last 12 months, list is by zip codes.

I know the average home income in those zips. So using the zips for the upper home incomes, I have made a list of each home.

I am thinking of sending post cards to these homes,the post card says...

Welcome to the neighborhood...(flip)

We at __________ want to sincerly congratulate you on the prchase of your new home.

Your home is one of the center points of your life, a place of enjoyment and of sanctuary. As such, you'll want a home that reflects who you are. Painting is often the first thing new homeowners do to personalize their homes upon moving in. With new interior painting, your unique color needs and choices express your personal style, thus turning your house into a real home. Knowing how confusing it can be to find the paint colors that compliment the rest of your home and reflects your family’s lifestyle, we offer free professional color consultation for a stress free way to make your home truly yours!!
why not give us a call

Phone ***-***-****

Anyway...What do you think...Mt list now is 1000 homes and adding to it every day.

Offline TomTom

Re: Advertising Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:32:13 PM »
To be honest if I got that card I'd throw it away (besides the fact that I'm a painter & can paint my own home!). That you suggest that you are "sincerely" congratulating me for my new house purchase puts me off immediately. You don't give a rats *ss about my new home you just want to paint it. That's the truth. You can congratulate me but don't say "sincerely" because that's just insincere, and unmistakably so.

But good luck on getting work, it is tough out there these days.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 06:49:49 AM »
Actually, I have gotten that card, more than once. And yes, I threw it away (what self-respecting painter would hire a painter to paint his own house?).

Someone out there thinks it will work, and postage ain't cheap...

Offline Hissing Cobra

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:43:59 PM »
It doesn't hurt to try. At worst, you'll be out your postage and the cost of the cards. I like the idea of the postcard but instead of having that entire paragraph, why not keep it short and right to the point. Use big letters that are quick to read (something like "Color Improves Everything!"). Then add your company's name, phone number, website information, etc... Make it look pretty so that someone would keep it on their refridgerator or cork board. Also, have a picture of one of your proudest moments. Maybe you could even have it done as a magnet in the same size and mail those as well?

Offline sarahing

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:22:36 AM »
Studies in addition to report with regard to these kinds of karate crew perform a key point in the successful as well as losing in the crew in addition to that you choose to, that bettor, have got to think about. Yankees tend to be perennially acknowledged to its good details so you will have considerably men and women betting for this karate favored crew. Players often wear link deleted in the training.

I was going to remove this entire post, but these bots are just so creative at trying to be inconspicuous...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:55:27 AM by the PAINTSMITH »

Offline LJ

• less work, more family, friends, fun....
    • LJ Custom Painting
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »
It doesn't hurt to try. At worst, you'll be out your postage and the cost of the cards. I like the idea of the postcard but instead of having that entire paragraph, why not keep it short and right to the point. Use big letters that are quick to read (something like "Color Improves Everything!"). Then add your company's name, phone number, website information, etc... Make it look pretty so that someone would keep it on their refridgerator or cork board. Also, have a picture of one of your proudest moments. Maybe you could even have it done as a magnet in the same size and mail those as well?
I was thinking along the same line.  Less is more... stick to your theme, but keep it as short and sweet as possible.  I collect post cards from other painting companies and I have never seen one with content as long as you have listed.

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 04:51:01 PM »
I think that's a great idea but don't rely on just one form of marketing...

You could put those real estate style signs saying interior/exterior painting and your #...

This works in my town...

painters Jacksonville Florida

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 04:57:30 AM »
You may want to offer an obsurd low amount to paint a room so people bite..When you are first going our on your own you need momentum...

House Painting Jacksonville FL

Offline paintit.com

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 07:09:57 PM »
Absolutely. Test it for three months and then decide. If ROI is correct, keep on, keepin on.

Offline carter custom painting

• stlpaintingcompany.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 10:42:47 PM »
Id love to know if this worked for you....
stlpaintingcompany.com

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 02:35:24 AM »
Id love to know if this worked for you....
stlpaintingcompany.com

it was 4 years ago, what do you think ? :o

Offline carter custom painting

• stlpaintingcompany.com
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 10:02:06 PM »
should be a good test in that amount of time.....i would say no if i had to guessstlpaintingcompany.com

anything