Author Topic: semi-transparent shake problem  (Read 5512 times)

Offline pvtgloss

semi-transparent shake problem
« on: May 24, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »
okay so just started working for this guy. Exterior of the house was stained with semi transparent oil based deckscape.I went to Sherwin Williams and they went in the system and sold me waterborne.I did not know that the rest of the house is all oil. so I laid them out and sprayed and backbrushed them two coats.now the shakes that I did did not match the rest of the house. I was told the other guy just laid them out and did not back brush. how to solve this problem. Without staining in the rest of the house.the shakes on the gable above the porch was the ones I did. The other ones were done in January. I guess my pictures are too large to post. How do I fix that problem?

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: semi-transparent shake problem
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 11:27:15 PM »
okay so just started working for this guy. Exterior of the house was stained with semi transparent oil based deckscape.I went to Sherwin Williams and they went in the system and sold me waterborne.I did not know that the rest of the house is all oil. so I laid them out and sprayed and backbrushed them two coats.now the shakes that I did did not match the rest of the house. I was told the other guy just laid them out and did not back brush. how to solve this problem. Without staining in the rest of the house.the shakes on the gable above the porch was the ones I did. The other ones were done in January. I guess my pictures are too large to post. How do I fix that problem?
welcome....shoulda worked it all out pre application and after that do a small sample....so show me some pics .................... maybe i can bail you out
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline pvtgloss

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
The gable I did. Two coats, sprayed and backrolled

Offline pvtgloss

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:14:38 PM »
The rest of the house. Oil, one coat, no backbrush

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:06:01 PM »
doesnt look like you applied much pigment on the small gable, almost looks clear, and the existing looks lighter and much more uniform in color than your small gable, do 2 coats roll applied of the correct oil and color on your gable and it wont match exactly but should be ok
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice