Author Topic: What will happen if I mix a water resistant powder pigment with water?  (Read 6169 times)

Offline zeus

Hi there,

I have a powder pigment which is water resistant. I would like to spray it to my flowers (with a  normal trigger spray bottle). Does anyone know how this can be done? If I add water will the job be done. What else can I mix the powder pigment with apart from water (yes I am aware that there are 100m substances, but I would like some guidance). Preferably I would like to mix it with something cheap too.

If anyone can put me on the right track, I would be extremely gratefully for my entire life.

Thank you.

G

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
I have no idea what you are talking about, this is a house painters forum

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Hi there,

I have a powder pigment which is water resistant. I would like to spray it to my flowers (with a  normal trigger spray bottle). Does anyone know how this can be done? If I add water will the job be done. What else can I mix the powder pigment with apart from water (yes I am aware that there are 100m substances, but I would like some guidance). Preferably I would like to mix it with something cheap too.

If anyone can put me on the right track, I would be extremely gratefully for my entire life.

Thank you.

G
welcome....what your looking for is a vehicle inwhich to disperse the powder, you can use water but you must consider that only water has no driers in it, typically vehicles for paint are more that just latex, water and resins and pigment, there are chemical driers etc mixed in, with water you will have a slow drying time having to rely just on natural evaporation plus after the fact the powder will not be bonded very good so take that into consideration....  i would do some experiments, when mixing try water, if the powder incorporates you should be good to go only remember that the powder will be easily compromised by contact with anything if bonding is lacking as i predict, then try a clear water polyurethane that should fix the bonding issue but then sheen will be a concern and if you wish a flat powder finish you might have to be happy with a satin....if neither works  try a solvent like paint thinner or bump it to a solvent clear urethane....based on your limited info given, thats my answer....good luck
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

anything