Author Topic: Hi guys it looks like I'm back  (Read 4453 times)

Offline kenny

Hi guys it looks like I'm back
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »
I did my stint as an apartment painter then was promoted to management now I am working my way down the ladder and am back to a painter.

I am kicking around the idea of starting an apartment make ready service where I will paint, do make ready or what ever is needed when they have a man on vacation.  I do not want to work full time for one company but to be self employed.

My idea is to go around to every apartment complex in the city and talk to them and explain what my service will be.
currently we call express personnel when we need help and we get a painter who's only experience is he painted his grandmothers bathroom a few years ago or something like that.
I have two guys who may be willing to go with me on this if there is enough interest in it from the apartment and rental communities.

Has anyone ever tried this before?

Thanks
Kenny

Offline TallyPainter

• postingpro
  • Do the next right thing
Re: Hi guys it looks like I'm back
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
My sister ownes a business in Virginia that does contract apartment maintenance.  In some cases, they pick up slack for the regular maintenance staff when they get too busy, or don't know how to do things.  On some smaller properties she is the maintenance crew.   

The thing I  see as a problem is that she gets too tied to one large client, then it almost becomes a job.

I have  a paint customer that ownes some rental property that I do everything I can handle.  Kept me very busy this winter.  Had nasty eviction where the house was trashed.  Ususally requires more itemized billing than I'm used to doiing, but great winter work.