Author Topic: No more classic 99?  (Read 4011 times)

Offline SixInARow

No more classic 99?
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:17:52 PM »
I haven't been in S-W too much recently because I've had a lot of non-paint jobs going on.  I sent my GF there today to help our friend get some paint.  I just told her to get the Classic 99 since her budget isn't really big.  Lo and behold they've discontinued it and replaced it with this new HGTV Home paint.  Just FYI....

the PAINTSMITH

Re: No more classic 99?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:25:34 PM »
Discontinuances (IOW, renaming a product that isn't selling) is the new fad with most of the majors now.

Not to mention the Ministry of Certification EPA has many paint manufactures backing away from formulas that actually bond and cover and last in order to avoid all those pesky retooling downtime hours when a new edict safety requirement is inflicted released.

Try to find MooreGuard, I dare ya. Its formula not even banned........yet... ::)

They'll be coming for your brush next....There's just...something....about that bristle...

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:51:56 PM »
Discontinuances (IOW, renaming a product that isn't selling) is the new fad with most of the majors now.

Not to mention the Ministry of Certification EPA has many paint manufactures backing away from formulas that actually bond and cover and last in order to avoid all those pesky retooling downtime hours when a new edict safety requirement is inflicted released.

Try to find MooreGuard, I dare ya. Its formula not even banned........yet... ::)

They'll be coming for your brush next....There's just...something....about that bristle...

Darn Asian pigs ::)

Offline madochio

• been in this wayyyyy toooo lonnnnggggg
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »
moore guard has been reformulated as well rumor has it..it will be discounited for the new aura ext line,  funny how all the newer types of paint cost about as much as my first car thou

anything