Author Topic: taping off window shortcuts?  (Read 5949 times)

Offline drhoda

taping off window shortcuts?
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
I am restoring an house built in the 40's for a rental property, it has about 35 old style windosw.....all large square panes the same exact size. So there are a total of 70 panes inside and the same 70 panes outside. So we are talking about a BUNCH of taping.

So far I have poserwashed and am in the process of scraping old paint and caulking. Since it is a rental it doesn't have to look perfect but I also prefer not to have to repaint it again for may years.

My plan was to cover and tape off with plastic everything inside and out and then spray paint a coat of primer followed by paint,

I'm looking for a shortcut. My question is that is there a possibility to 1)cut 70 pieces of cardboard 2) put double sided tape in the corners 3) apply to interior windows 4) spray paint the windows 5) scrape all the paint residue around the edges with scraper

Then after the paint dries. remove the cardboard and do the same thing on the outside?

Does anyone else have any experience with a similar project who can offer any other suggestions to save time?

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: taping off window shortcuts?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 02:01:00 AM »
I am restoring an house built in the 40's for a rental property, it has about 35 old style windosw.....all large square panes the same exact size. So there are a total of 70 panes inside and the same 70 panes outside. So we are talking about a BUNCH of taping.

So far I have poserwashed and am in the process of scraping old paint and caulking. Since it is a rental it doesn't have to look perfect but I also prefer not to have to repaint it again for may years.

My plan was to cover and tape off with plastic everything inside and out and then spray paint a coat of primer followed by paint,

I'm looking for a shortcut. My question is that is there a possibility to 1)cut 70 pieces of cardboard 2) put double sided tape in the corners 3) apply to interior windows 4) spray paint the windows 5) scrape all the paint residue around the edges with scraper

Then after the paint dries. remove the cardboard and do the same thing on the outside?

Does anyone else have any experience with a similar project who can offer any other suggestions to save time?
welcome... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjBdL6dojDU
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice