Author Topic: Who of you is getting contracts of more than $5,000?  (Read 8812 times)

Offline KevinParady

Who of you is getting contracts of more than $5,000?
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:50:13 PM »
If so, how do you find them? I contract starting at $4,000 to $10,000.
I find them typically through door to door marketing and online. Some using a different approach?

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: Who of you is getting contracts of more than $5,000?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
If so, how do you find them? I contract starting at $4,000 to $10,000.
I find them typically through door to door marketing and online. Some using a different approach?
welcome...some from referrals, and I have a waiting list.... a few cities under discretionary spending....but my staple is municipalities....
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 04:01:31 AM »
If both of you guys are contracting such huge jobs, why are you not filthy rich and on vacation down in the islands living the good life? :o

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:00:44 PM »
If both of you guys are contracting such huge jobs, why are you not filthy rich and on vacation down in the islands living the good life? :o
i do live the good life, I have a collection of toys, race vintage mx, spend my summers at the beach, winters in the desert, year round i walk in sand....just scored a new lifeguard tower job on the beach too, bummer thing is it will be constructed and i plan on being there in november....ugggh...thats ok, have an aquatic center im working on, 3 schools in carlsbad, a park at the olympic training facility...all by my little lonesome...good thing i began painting with a 6 inch block and spraying with a 945 tip....old school rules....blow that stuff in....3 coats spec'd and pay me .....lol,,,but then there is chris with his tin pail and tripod stool....lmao....milkin it

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 11:03:43 PM »
and i might add there grumpy, because of my reputation, i have never had to supply a performance bond on anything.....largest job i have been awarded was 200k

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 01:17:47 PM »
and i might add there grumpy, because of my reputation, i have never had to supply a performance bond on anything.....largest job i have been awarded was 200k

200k!!?? you must have painted an entire apartment building?
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline 1st Coast Painting

• 1st Coast Painting & more inc
    • House Painters
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »
If you think small then you will earn small. If work dumb then you will earn dumb. Do good work, Pick your clients carefully, and aim big. The biggest job I  was ever awarded was actually an apartment complex. It was for $469k and was the exterior only.  I subbed the whole job out and made a killing. Wish I could have one of those every year. This was a repaint. I would never undertake this project for a general contractor.

commercial painting company
commercial painters
Done right the 1st time! www.1stcoastpainting.com
<a href="http://1stcoastpainting.com">house painters</a>

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 05:13:25 PM »

your reputation as what? my largest job was  $847,251,389.05, hell anybody can make up numbers ::) ;D

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »

200k!!?? you must have painted an entire apartment building?
i dont do re raped jobs in the ghettos, and arouind here it is exactly what they are....i leave it to the many russian and veitnamese companies who underbid and do horrible and cheap 1 coat finish work

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 07:05:51 PM »

your reputation as what? my largest job was  $847,251,389.05, hell anybody can make up numbers ::) ;D
well grinch, reputation in honesty (no hidden extras) and performance ( my sales rep calculated by material purchases and determined i do the work of a 4 man shop) and overall ethics (even when i have someone over a barrel i never overcharge).....the total job was 189K in which i beat the next bid out by 1K....lol....i guess if he would have calculated bringing his lunch instead of buying it each day he would have been awarded it....lol.....because of the epoxy flooring my materials where high  total mats where 50 k and it took me 2 months, total construction was scheduled for 10 months...if i could stay busy i would be rich, but alas, the ocean waves beckon me in the summer and the desert dunes in the winter....plus i love racing vintage motocross..i might add that not working full time have definitely increased my longevity, plus the fact that i wore a respirator since my career began..... no VOC paint and oil/water hybrids?...lol...ill be happy when they make paint you can drink, ......i might add that 3 of my friends that started painting when i did are now dead....so chrisn, what do you do?....sit on the couch, lurk this site and always act all grumpy?....lol...get a life

anything