Author Topic: What tools do you supply your guys.  (Read 6720 times)

Offline 1st Coast Painting

• 1st Coast Painting & more inc
    • House Painters
What tools do you supply your guys.
« on: September 09, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »
Over the years I have mostly supplied all the tools that my guys need, in order to complete a job. I even supply brush's. I notice that brush's and other tools are having to be replaced more than I feel that they should have to . I keep finding brushes sitting on top of paint cans and ect. I feel that if my painters had to supply their own brushes then they would take better care of them. What your guys input?

interior house painters
interior home painting
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:58:16 AM by 1st Coast Painting »
Done right the 1st time! www.1stcoastpainting.com
<a href="http://1stcoastpainting.com">house painters</a>

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: What tools do you supply your guys.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 04:24:32 AM »
Over the years I have mostly supplied all the tools that my guys need, in order to complete a job. I even supply brush's. I notice that brush's and other tools are having to be replaced more than I feel that they should have to . I keep finding brushes sitting on top of paint cans and ect. I feel that if my painters had to supply their own brushes then they would take better care of them. What your guys input?
tools dont last forever, brushes are cheap, buy top of the line airless sprayers, guns, they save money in the long run....i remember when i started painting....lol.....i was given a putty knife and a duster. and i thought i was sooooo rad....lol..... in my early years i never bought tools...infact i was never asked to return any of the hand tools....i do the same now a days
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline 1st Coast Painting

• 1st Coast Painting & more inc
    • House Painters
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:53 AM »
I know that tools do not last forever, especially hand tools. They will get lost, stolen, worn out, or forgotten on job sites. Brushes are cheap even buying the good ones, but with 22 guys working for me they can become expensive, if they are not be taken care of and only last a day or two. I think I am going to either start requiring my painters to purchase their own brushes, or give them a set of brushes with their initial on them, so I can see who are the guys that are not taking care of the tools that I supply.

exterior house painters
exterior home painting

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 07:57:08 AM by 1st Coast Painting »
Done right the 1st time! www.1stcoastpainting.com
<a href="http://1stcoastpainting.com">house painters</a>

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 06:29:47 PM »
I know that tools do not last forever, especially hand tools. They will get lost, stolen, worn out, or forgotten on job sites. Brushes are cheap even buying the good ones, but with 22 guys working for me they can become expensive, if they are not be taken care of and only last a day or two. I think I am going to either start requiring my painters to purchase their own brushes, or give them a set of brushes with their initial on them, so I can see who are the guys that are not taking care of the tools that I supply.

exterior house painters
exterior home painting
maybe you can require your foreman(s) to show each employee how properly load up with paint and use (because that to has an affect on longevity) then to properly wash and store a brush, then issue them accordingly on the pretense that if they dont take care of them the will be using their tongues, and if they dont maintain the daily quota with their tongues ...then they can seek other employment....@ 22 guys i can see where that could add up on handtools
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 01:16:07 AM »
wow, you have alot of painters on your crew.
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 02:14:29 AM »
It is necessary to load your workers with all the tools before doing their job.It is a job of your foreman to provide them all the tools so that they can work in an accurate manner.