Author Topic: Can I brush Nitro Laquer  (Read 4025 times)

Offline homeby5

Can I brush Nitro Laquer
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:59:25 PM »
Hey Guys,
I am in the process of building and installing my kitchen cabinets in a new house I am building. Without getting into the specifics, I am having to install the carcasses now, before I have a chance to shoot my nitro on my doors (I haven't built most of the door yet). I was planning to shoot my face frames and doors at the same time but, hey......life happens :) I now plan on simply brushing the nitro on the face frames of the carcass (because I obviously don't want to shoot them inside) to match the color that I will shoot the doors when I get them built, at a later date. Will brushing the nitro be a good idea on the face frames or should I use another type of paint mixed and matched to my door color (nitro)?

I'm a newbie at this so I am learning :) Thanks guys!!

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: Can I brush Nitro Laquer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:47:01 PM »
Hey Guys,
I am in the process of building and installing my kitchen cabinets in a new house I am building. Without getting into the specifics, I am having to install the carcasses now, before I have a chance to shoot my nitro on my doors (I haven't built most of the door yet). I was planning to shoot my face frames and doors at the same time but, hey......life happens :) I now plan on simply brushing the nitro on the face frames of the carcass (because I obviously don't want to shoot them inside) to match the color that I will shoot the doors when I get them built, at a later date. Will brushing the nitro be a good idea on the face frames or should I use another type of paint mixed and matched to my door color (nitro)?

I'm a newbie at this so I am learning :) Thanks guys!!
welcome, not too familiar with the product but if the manu recommends brushing it, they will typically sell a special thinner to extend drying time for that particular application...but may i ask you what you are after in a coating and finish ? solid pigment? clear? stained?
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice