Author Topic: Non Professional wants to paint like a Professional  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Abel Morales

Non Professional wants to paint like a Professional
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
Hey everyone.  Happy 2016!

My wife and I just bought our first fixer upper home and we would like to try painting it ourselves once all the other work has been done in it.  We're doing this for two main reasons, to save some additional income, and because we both liked painting when we were younger.  However, I think painting is a trade like many others in the fact that the quality of work can vary greatly. 

So my question to you is this, is there a resource from a professional explaining how to paint?  I don't know what format this resource would come in.  Perhaps a book we can order from Amazon, a painter from YouTube, or maybe just a website that outlines the necessary steps?  If you've run into such a resource in your past, please share it with us here.  Any other tips, advice, or warnings for my wife and I would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: Non Professional wants to paint like a Professional
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 08:19:12 PM »
welcome....you may ask any questions you like here, we can take it step by step its really not brain surgery but no matter what you read or watch your quality will only improve with experience. you can also pm me too...good luck
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice