Author Topic: Please help with colors and painting decisions and choices! Pictures included!  (Read 3645 times)

Offline foothill999

I am the most indecisive person there is, so choosing new paint colors is driving me nuts. I am leaving stucco as is but would like to paint all the wood trim and under the eves (soffits)  a new color, also paint all the wood beams and the balcony in front. I am thinking of going with a dark burgundy color lowes sells valspar Red Garnet for the wood eves, trying to figure out if I should paint the balcony same color or stay with a new brighter white and keep it simple. Pictures attached... Any and all advice is welcome!

Offline foothill999

Here is the color I am thinking of using for all the wood trim and under the trim, the little brick wall in front and possibly the balcony.... Would it be too much color?

Offline mymint87

• PF God
welcome...when you go with the deep AND vibrant colors a little goes a long ways....you have several fixed colors, your roof, your vinyl windows, and by choice the stucco,,,if you go with the garnet, i would definitely paint the railing black...your stucco, if it were darker, i would say that the garnet may have possibilities, ....i would be concerned about contrast,,,,   my advice, buy a quart and do a mockup, only then will you know if its going to work......good luck
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

anything