Author Topic: re clean house after dust blow  (Read 3225 times)

Offline TallyPainter

• postingpro
  • Do the next right thing
re clean house after dust blow
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:45:32 PM »
Need opinion on this

I was in the middle of power washing a large cedar home in the country, when this piece of farm equipment came by a near by field and blew dust all over the area.  In my mind power washing is too remove imbedded dirt, mold, and any sealers that might be left on the old finish.

Would you re clean the house, if so would you charge extra.  This place is in the country and the wind is averaging 25 to 40 miles per hour this week anyway.

Offline vini

• postingpro
  • That paints a gold mine cause my dredge is broke,
    • Painting Hands
Re: re clean house after dust blow
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
How about taking a blow and blowing it back off  ;) you already washed it down if theres just dust just blow it off ? :P
"We dont thin no paint in my world"

- Vini

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 07:21:02 AM »
If it was wet when the combine went by, yeah, it might be a thing to rinse it again. Imbedded dirt is what powerwashing is about, but fresh dust will fall off with a quick rinse.

Offline madochio

• been in this wayyyyy toooo lonnnnggggg
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
last week i was out to look at a house where paint was peeling off ( painted last year) same type of deal they power washed it then dust came and they painted over it, now it is peeling and looks nasty.  i would agree with paintsmith and rewash it to be safe.  i would also let the homeowner know of the issue to cover your butt just in case