Author Topic: Bad experience with Sherwin William's 'Risilence Exterior paint  (Read 4160 times)

Offline Rich78900

I bought a gallon of  'Resilence exterior paint'.  I use this paint to paint my front door trims. After painting two coats, one day I noticed there were blisters and bubbles forming under the sun. I immediately notified the store manager and he immediately said it was my fault to paint the improper way. Although I am not a professional painter, but I have painted  my home in many occations during the past 15 years ( both interior and exterior). I notice that I didnot do anything wrong. I then took the manager's advice to scrap all bubbles and prime that with a primer( sherwin williams) at night when the temperature around 18C. I then check the next day around 3-4PM when the sun shines on the door trims with primers on and there was no bubbles. Therefore at about 8pm I painted that with Resilence exterior paint. The next day I discovered there were many bubbles forming at the painted area and I immediately suspected that was the exterior paint that was inferior and not the primer. I then called the manager and he said he would exchange another paint for me. But when I got to the store they said they do not have any stock of that particular base and I have to wait a week to get that. I immediately refunded the product.

I did not believe that a superior paint store would sell such inferior products.

anything