Author Topic: Heat Resistant Coating  (Read 3810 times)

Offline XyAlpha

Heat Resistant Coating
« on: August 21, 2016, 12:39:02 AM »
Hello all. I joined this forum so that I could get expert advice on an issue I'm facing. I live in Bangkok, Thailand, where it is always hot. I live in a condo and the main wall in my living room gets a tremendous amount of sun. Buildings here are mostly built of concrete, and my wall is too. The builders appear to have neglected sufficient exterior coating, and the heat radiates through the concrete and into the room, raising the temperature by several degrees.

My question is whether there is an effective solution. I cannot access the exterior wall, so I am constrained to anything that can be inside the condo. My guess is that I may be able to get some kind of coating that I can put over the existing paint.

I need a clear coating. I am a renter and I can't simply change the paint design of the condo.

So, I have what appears to be a rather complex, and hopefully not impossible situation.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Eric

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: Heat Resistant Coating
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:54:04 AM »
welcome..what you need is a ceramic coating, there are lots of brands yo choose on the market...the only problem is that they are pigmented..so i recommend matching your existing color and just repaint over the existing wall...if there's a mural or other situation on the existing wall where nothing but clear will work, im sorry cant think of any product with a clear finish and ceramic qualities
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline XyAlpha

Re: Heat Resistant Coating
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »
Thank you. Yeah, there is a design, so I would need something clear, not pigmented.

Eric

anything