Author Topic: Recommend me a Lacquer for my kitchen cabinets  (Read 5123 times)

Offline homeby5

Recommend me a Lacquer for my kitchen cabinets
« on: March 17, 2017, 06:09:40 PM »
I stopped in the BM store today and the guy tried to sell me DuraLaq. I've heard about UltraLaq but he told me most cabinet makers use DuraLaq. Can someone explain to me the difference?
Also, looking for a recommendation for a Pre-Cat Lacquer (or post Cat) that you guys like. I would like them to tint it to a BM color though...if that is possible?
Thanks guys

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Flying this Spruce Goose
    • painterforum
Re: Recommend me a Lacquer for my kitchen cabinets
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »
Agualente by ML Campbell. This is the product we use on cabinets. No need for an explosion proof spray booth. We apply with a Fuji HVLP system. https://www.mlcampbell.com/products/?filter_pa_vehicle%5B%5D=water-borne
I am a webmaster in the tradition of Howard Hughes, I fly this Spruce Goose of a website through cyberspace by the seat of my pants and I usually manage to keep her just above the water, but every now and then I get a wet ass. Let me know if you feel a shudder.

Offline MarkSindone

• Storage Sydney
Re: Recommend me a Lacquer for my kitchen cabinets
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 02:33:02 AM »
I should think the lacquer that you use depends on the base of your kitchen cabinets, no? What material / wood are you using and are you very particular about how the lacquer will stain the material? I'm sure you can do a quick search of the brands and see samples of how the paints will show up on different surfaces...
I Like looking at the stars

anything