Author Topic: SW Emerald or BM Aura ...Best for exterior fading?  (Read 4252 times)

Offline George

SW Emerald or BM Aura ...Best for exterior fading?
« on: May 22, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »
Hi Guys,    That time of year again up here outside of Boston.

I know I've posted a couple of years ago on this topic.  I have two sides (house and garage) that get hammered by sun year-round.  Older cedar shakes.  Originally painted Benjamin Moore Ticonderoga green (A deep forest green) no longer available .   When repainting in 2011,  I used SW Duration satin which they tint matched to the old BM color.  The house was prepped well.

After 5 years the tinted Duration satin is badly faded and blistering here and there.

Do any pros on here know if the Benjamin Moore Aura with the Gennex technology is a better choice for fade resistance than the SW Emerald that is now available for my particular problem

I Thank You for your time in answering or giving an experienced opinion.

George

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
Re: SW Emerald or BM Aura ...Best for exterior fading?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 01:37:23 AM »
Hi Guys,    That time of year again up here outside of Boston.

I know I've posted a couple of years ago on this topic.  I have two sides (house and garage) that get hammered by sun year-round.  Older cedar shakes.  Originally painted Benjamin Moore Ticonderoga green (A deep forest green) no longer available .   When repainting in 2011,  I used SW Duration satin which they tint matched to the old BM color.  The house was prepped well.

After 5 years the tinted Duration satin is badly faded and blistering here and there.

Do any pros on here know if the Benjamin Moore Aura with the Gennex technology is a better choice for fade resistance than the SW Emerald that is now available for my particular problem

I Thank You for your time in answering or giving an experienced opinion.

George

YES indeed

anything