Author Topic: seams keep showing in ceiling  (Read 6817 times)

Offline lin1104

seams keep showing in ceiling
« on: August 31, 2017, 02:03:41 PM »
Hey everyone! So we are having our basement redone and its brand new drywall in walls and ceiling. the walls are perfect and primed and ready to be painted. The ceiling has several seams that kep showing through after being spackled and sanded multiple times. There was never any tape used on ceilings. The work was done by my husbands friend and he hasn't been back in over 4 months. I am tired of waiting and want to do it myself. What do I do to fix my problem? I've never done this before. Thanks!

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
Re: seams keep showing in ceiling
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »
The seams were never taped?????

Offline lin1104

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »
No not that I can tell and you can see the seams in many spots perfectly clear so I don't see how

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 04:02:12 AM »
I cannot imagine putting drywall up on a ceiling without taping the joints. All joints need to be taped and finished

Offline lin1104

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 09:58:17 AM »
Okay so i was totally wrong haha! he used mesh tape. Is there anyway to fix the problem without retaping? Would a layer setting compound work better ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »
Don't know what the problem is without a pic, unless you can describe what is happening better. Mesh tape is not ideal but should work.

Offline lin1104

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 02:05:40 PM »
I can't attach a picture for some reason it won't let me but i will try and explain in detail. The person who did the work hund my drywall ceiling and used mesh tape and joint compound at the seams. Everything looked perfect and the ceiling was ready to be painted. He left and within a few days along alot the seams there are now hairline cracks that are pretty long. My husband added 2 more layers of compound and sanded and yet they still show. You cannot see the mesh tape at all just the hairline cracks.

Offline Joyceufpf

seams keep showing in ceiling
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 01:47:41 AM »
This rather valuable message
I advise you to use this forex trading system for reliable investments

anything