Author Topic: Very New to painting  (Read 25796 times)

Offline cooppainters

Very New to painting
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:24:47 AM »
Hi Every one

am very new to the house,moreover today is my first time on this discussion.Am very new in the business of house painting and i have some little worry about it.
I have never done painting before but i just grow interest in the business and now am planning to own a painting company of my own.
if any member of the house can give me guide line on how to run it.moreover greatest worry now is how to get the exert amount of paint for  building and also how to prepare quote for painting job.

Offline ProWallGuy

• postingpro
  • PF God
Re: Very New to painting
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »
If you've never painted before, don't try it. Go get another job.

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »
good luck with that

Offline Gracobucks

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:17:46 PM »
I don't know my friend. It sounds like you are setting your self up to fail. If you REALLY want to have a painting company maybe you should go work for someone else for a few years. You really need to know more then how much a sq. ft. to charge.

Jared

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:29:46 PM »
The average high-quality painter works for years before knowing enough about the biz to start out on their own.

If you really want to take the shortcut, buy into an existing national franchise - all they offer is unskilled labor anyway.  Just don't expect to work much or earn anything for your time, because that's usually how it works with SortaPro and the other franchises out there.

And be aware, even as an unlicensed contractor, handyman, or even day laborer, any potential mistakes made by a beginner without experience will most likely put you on the bad end of a lawsuit.  Seen it happen, more than once.

If you don't know how to do a job, learn it first.  Faking it will ultimately lead you somewhere you do not want to go.  Painting is a skill that most folks simply are not capable of doing properly.  If a monkey could paint, then none of us would have a job.  It is FAR more difficult than the big box commercials would lead you to believe.  I know painters who have been at it for 25+ years and still don't know it all.  I doubt I'll EVER know it all.  This is a skill which takes A LOT of time and experience to develop.

Trust me, jumping into this business completely unprepared is the kiss of death.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:35:48 PM by Jared »

Offline leeshin

• 1877painters
begginers guide
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 02:54:51 AM »
that was common problem all the beginners face before taking brush for house painting. but have some deep study and get tips before start to paint. i think this blog will help you with some idea.. check out the link below
http://www.1877painters.com/blog/House+painting+tips+for+a+beginner
1877painters

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 05:22:12 PM »
Hi Every one

am very new to the house,moreover today is my first time on this discussion.Am very new in the business of house painting and i have some little worry about it.
I have never done painting before but i just grow interest in the business and now am planning to own a painting company of my own.
if any member of the house can give me guide line on how to run it.moreover greatest worry now is how to get the exert amount of paint for  building and also how to prepare quote for painting job.

Just put your mind too it, you can do it. :)
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline 1st Coast Painting

• 1st Coast Painting & more inc
    • House Painters
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 01:52:50 PM »
Many other careers pay better for less headache. You need to work for another company. To expensive to learn on your own. Try to find a company that does residential house painting & commercial painting, so you can learn both sides of the business. Running a business is like having 2 full time jobs. You must put in long hours in order to succeed. Family life can become hard.
Done right the 1st time! www.1stcoastpainting.com
<a href="http://1stcoastpainting.com">house painters</a>

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 12:25:39 AM »
I suggest you to work for another company.

Offline mehr

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 02:02:07 AM »
With the new outside rollers, you can paint an average-size house in a couple of days. Add an extension handle and you can roll a terrace without stooping down, reach a roof without leaving the ground.
http://www.fitnesstogetherminthill.com/

Offline RichardParker

• Pretty much a do it myself kinda guy
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 01:24:27 AM »
YouTube tutorials for beginners are always a good way to start.  ;)
John Reider Properties