Author Topic: One coat coverage  (Read 11039 times)

Offline Joshmays1976

One coat coverage
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »
Many paint manufactures claim their paint will cover in one coat, particularly the paint and primer in one products. I used to think this was a joke until I started checking my mills during application and trying to put it on at the recommended thickness. It really will cover in one! I just finished a big interior job where the existing wall paint was dark red enamel. We put one  4mill coat of a light beigh colored ValsparUltra and it covered perfectly! Since I have started applying paint at the recommended thickness the results I'm seeing are amazing! I painted for 15 years and never really thought about how thick I was putting it on. Proper film thickness is essential. This realization has been a huge boon to my business. After all, we pro painters are selling coatings and the application of coatings, not knowing how thick these coatings are supposed to be seems ludicrous.

Offline shanzy

Re: One coat coverage
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 03:07:03 PM »
Advertisement of paint companies usually found void. use your own mind and senses to take decision.

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 01:00:39 AM »
I find that Benjamin Moore Aura typically covers in one coat.
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline 1st Coast Painting

• 1st Coast Painting & more inc
    • House Painters
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »
One coat coverage is achievable with proper mill application. I still recommend two coat estimate, because i it does cover in 1 coat the customer is not going to want t hear that the price of the job is going to up. www.1stcoastpainting.com
Done right the 1st time! www.1stcoastpainting.com
<a href="http://1stcoastpainting.com">house painters</a>

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 02:09:08 AM »
Only Benjamin Moore will cover only in one single coat.For others you need to do this with proper method.

www.soperfectpaint.com/