Author Topic: clear coat nightmare  (Read 10691 times)

Offline sergio algarme

clear coat nightmare
« on: September 06, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »
i recently did some prep for a gentleman that owns a small A frame cabin in the mountains above san bernadino
it appears that it is one of many built by the same developer sometime in the 60s or 70s whatever the case they were all coated in a  very thick clear  coat. that was possibly aplied useing an airless.   im having a great deal of difficulty finding out just what they used or even a general idea,,, my guese  would be that it is some sort of urethane or acrylic,  any ideas?

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: clear coat nightmare
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »
i recently did some prep for a gentleman that owns a small A frame cabin in the mountains above san bernadino
it appears that it is one of many built by the same developer sometime in the 60s or 70s whatever the case they were all coated in a  very thick clear  coat. that was possibly aplied useing an airless.   im having a great deal of difficulty finding out just what they used or even a general idea,,, my guese  would be that it is some sort of urethane or acrylic,  any ideas?
does the coating have an amber tone to it or is it perfectly clear?
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline Straight Edge Painting

Re: clear coat nightmare
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 01:28:47 PM »
What exactly do you plan on doing to prep this surface? Are you trying to stain it again..

Straight Edge Painting LLC
Best Painters Websites