Author Topic: Painter pant dilemma - What to buy?  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Skooby

• Career painter.
Painter pant dilemma - What to buy?
« on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
So a brief history to highlight my dilemma. I started out with Dickies from SW like just about everyone. They just don't last. I eventually tried Kwal Paints (Frazee, Comex group etc.) pants with double knee and loved them. They far outlasted Dickies. Eventually they stopped carrying them. Then I found the gold standard with Armor pants. I loved these because of the pocket arrangement. I really liked the right back pocket that had a small side pocket that was perfect for a duster brush. The front pockets could accommodate my cell, putty knife, snap off razor and nail punch with room to spare. But they have had some sort of major glitch in the company and no longer have those pants.

So my dilemma now is what to buy. I've looked at Sears, Carhartt, Keystone and a few other brands. My problem, they are all just standard paint pants. After a lot of searching, and I mean a lot because Dickies has cornered the front page google spot, I found a pant made by a brand called Blaklader. They look like an upgrade from Armor. I'm a clean painter so I like a pair that lasts forever. Two problems however. No reviews and the price. I didn't mind paying twice as much for Armor pants because they lasted 3 times as long. Has anyone used these pants or anything else from this brand? And what do you think about shelling out 60 bucks for them? And finally, do you have any recommendations for reasonably priced pants that would be similar to Armor?

Thanks.
Anyone can paint just like anyone can cook chicken. But you are better off with someone who takes it seriously.

Offline Skooby

• Career painter.
Re: Painter pant dilemma - What to buy?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
Nothing for advice? Well I ordered the pants. I'll give a review once they get here and then about a year after that.
Anyone can paint just like anyone can cook chicken. But you are better off with someone who takes it seriously.

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
Re: Painter pant dilemma - What to buy?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:32:03 AM »
I am of no help because I don't wear painters pants :o