Author Topic: suggestions for textured product over ceramic tile fireplace surround  (Read 5342 times)

Offline dac11

Hello,
I am a decorative painter for 15 plus years.  I have a client that is looking to add texture over ceramic tile around her gas log fireplace.  The products that I normaly use will not stand up to the heat and will crack over time.  I have looked at priming and painting with a high heat paint hoping to give the illusion of texture but products I have found have limited colors of gray, black and brown. 
Client does not want to remove old tile and replace if she doesn't have to.  Any suggestions or product names I can research to see if I can make this work.  The ceramic tile does get very hot and this is what concerns me.  Thank you in advane for any advice or suggestions...

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: suggestions for textured product over ceramic tile fireplace surround
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:00:33 PM »
Hello,
I am a decorative painter for 15 plus years.  I have a client that is looking to add texture over ceramic tile around her gas log fireplace.  The products that I normaly use will not stand up to the heat and will crack over time.  I have looked at priming and painting with a high heat paint hoping to give the illusion of texture but products I have found have limited colors of gray, black and brown. 
Client does not want to remove old tile and replace if she doesn't have to.  Any suggestions or product names I can research to see if I can make this work.  The ceramic tile does get very hot and this is what concerns me.  Thank you in advane for any advice or suggestions...
welcome....first thing that come to mind would be to google fire proof or fire resistance assemblys and then educate your customer on the benefits....off the top of my head and probably all dead end would be some type of intumescent coating,  EFIS stucco, firefree88, or maybe I'm not grasping what exactly your trying to do....be careful, good luck
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline Mark23

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
Regular architectural paints have a service temperature limit of about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Offline ideal

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:45:30 AM »
Maybe when he's done and your check is 50% short, you can explain to him how that's your method of "payment in full". ??? :P :'(
Get free demos for it certifications exam and mcts exam with braindumps.com - cisco ccna success. Our best quality ndm

Offline RichardParker

• Pretty much a do it myself kinda guy
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 06:39:36 AM »
There are many heat resistant paints which may help you. But you must tell him about the damage that heat may cause to the ceramic tiles.
John Reider Properties

anything