Author Topic: What would you bid?  (Read 4440 times)

Offline allrawpaul

• I'm a llama!
What would you bid?
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:09:06 AM »
3500 spuare food home, 2 storey, 8" LP siding in good condition.  Wood trim on 7 windows. A fair amount of various other trim. One tall side requires a 32 foot ladder.  another section requires a 20 ft ladder on medium sloped roof with black comp tiles.   Gonna spray but its close to other houses on two sides.   A little scraping and spot priming to do on trim.  One coat on the siding, same color, two coats on the trim, same color. Latex. Weatherbeater.  Recaulk everything, and extra caulking to make it look nice.  Soak with bleach and mildewcide and pressure wash.  No doors or decks.   14gals of siding paint, 3gals trim.   Any comments much appreciated.  Thanks! Paul.

the PAINTSMITH

Re:What would you bid?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 05:47:45 AM »
Just remember that caulking the siding shut doesn't give moisture freedom to move in and out, creating a potential mold issue and a problem with paint adhesion...

My rule of thumb on estimating is to add 20% per floor. If the house is a 2-story, the footage above gets additional consideration, a third story gets 20% above the second, etc...Makes ladder hopping all that much more enjoyable... :-X

...Can't really give you a price. I'd have to see it.

Good luck

Offline allrawpaul

• I'm a llama!
Re:What would you bid?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
Thanks, Paintsmith.