Author Topic: marketing...  (Read 13093 times)

the PAINTSMITH

Re: marketing...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 06:42:57 AM »
Heh heh...I thought about yard signs and websites and Yellow Pages at one time or another, but the most effective marketing ploy I've found is to stand out by the street during breaks, lunch and after the job is done with the homeowner, answering questions for passersby, one of which usually being "What is your phone number?"... ;)

Even with the competition in this "tiny" lil' town, I have no need to advertise. Once you have a good reputation you'll never go hungry...

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 08:32:55 AM »
Jobsite signs don't work in every community. For example in my community, jobsite signs are prohibited. And, if you put one up, the building department removes it and sends you a bill for $45 disposal fee.

I'm in with Paintsmith. Give your prospect a good face to face sales call. Nothing works better than asking for their business on the spot!

Example: A person approaches me as I am leaving my van for lunch. "I was thinking of doing some painting". My first question out of the box is: "Are you seeking a professional or would you like some professional consultation? I do both for a fee. Let's set an appointment." Don't "ask" for an appointment, command an appointment with "let's set an appointment" Try it..see what happens. :)

It may seem too demanding, but if a professional like you doesn't take control of the situation, some schmuck is going to booger up that job.

Have passion for their needs and be proud of your work.

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

Offline Macdesignpainting

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 01:22:44 AM »
I think yard signs and referrals are 2 good ideas.now the winter is coming and I'm thinking to start  going door to door and offering free estimates

Offline painterdan

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 02:15:14 AM »
Most of my jobs comes from referrals however there are times when I get new customers. Those new customer comes from Yelp and SEO.

Offline PreciseImage

• Precise Image Painting
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »
Yes, indeed, who would have thought that there was an area where there wasn't any competition? I also want to know where this area is! Maybe you could tell me!  ???

Service magic is like the phone book-you get compared to other contractors and who ever is the lowest bidder(usually) gets the job. If you are one of those guys who wins the jobs you get only by price, then have fun, but for those of us who bid based on level of quality work, we will continue to have work and profits in the years to come! I don't mean to be rude, but the bottom line is that I asked this question-how does everyone do their marketing? because I wanted to know, and I have the right to respond to any thing that any one says on it too! ;D

We do all kinds of marketing.  I don't think it's a good idea to concentrate too much on any one medium, in my experience.  We have a website, as well as having started social media.  We use Google Adwords and YP, and others.  We still some mail marketing (valpak) as well.  Some of your customers aren't "still" online.  I would also not trust any one place to market for you.  You can find a good marketing firm or online SEO person.  However I still think you have to do some legwork, I'm my own best promoter, I have to be.

Hope that helps, even a little.

Offline Luke S.

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 10:53:07 AM »
If you're gonna do mailers, EDDM seem pretty effective. Not so sure about for this industry though.

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 06:43:53 PM »
I think a website is crucial this day and age.  Everything is going digital.  Start taking pictures of your work and try a monthly magazine that offers coupons.  That seems to work for me....