Author Topic: Wooster's Brush and Roller Guide  (Read 11931 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Flying this Spruce Goose
    • painterforum
Wooster's Brush and Roller Guide
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »
An informative brush and roller guide from Wooster. It also has some pretty good tips, I like this one:

What do you do to make it easier to clean your brushes at the end of the job, especially where
the filament enters the ferrule? You take 2 inches of blue masking tape and wrap it around
the ferrule, with the tape reaching about 1/2 inch onto the filament. The paint still gets down
behind the tape, but because little air gets to it, the dry line is up the filament about 1/2 inch.

Here is the Link:
http://www.woosterbrush.com/pdfs/AboutApplicators.pdf

I am a webmaster in the tradition of Howard Hughes, I fly this Spruce Goose of a website through cyberspace by the seat of my pants and I usually manage to keep her just above the water, but every now and then I get a wet ass. Let me know if you feel a shudder.

Offline shanzy

Re: Wooster's Brush and Roller Guide
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:17:14 AM »
I download it and by an over view it is looking informative

Offline rodroc

• All About the Pipes
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing this guide, it is really helpful.   ;D

Regards
Rod
All About the Pipes

Offline shanzy

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »
working and new ideas, thanks for giving

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:59:00 PM »
An informative brush and roller guide from Wooster. It also has some pretty good tips, I like this one:

What do you do to make it easier to clean your brushes at the end of the job, especially where
the filament enters the ferrule? You take 2 inches of blue masking tape and wrap it around
the ferrule, with the tape reaching about 1/2 inch onto the filament. The paint still gets down
behind the tape, but because little air gets to it, the dry line is up the filament about 1/2 inch.

Here is the Link:
http://www.woosterbrush.com/pdfs/AboutApplicators.pdf

I like to use this comb too clean my Wooster brushes after every job.

Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline pasban

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:51:32 AM »
For paint on paint taping definitely use the low tack delicate surface tape, and use the edge tip above. Then the removal, I like to wait until the paint has set up, but before it is really hard- a few hours. Then the tape is pulled so it rolls away from the edge at a 45degree angle.

anything