Author Topic: They just don't know!  (Read 12379 times)

Offline DefinedPainting

• Let's Roll
    • Defined Painting Ottawa
They just don't know!
« on: October 19, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
So for the last 6 months I have been working on establishing my business. I taste the freedom but yet still am not where I want to be it is still a struggle especially since I have 3 kids under the age of 5.

My wife is fantastic she truly is a great spouse and wonderful mother just sometimes (90%) of the time when I am on the computer she thinks I am doing whatever I want. Really I am a very active father we split everything 50/50 and when I am not being a dad I am working on business, marketing, graphic design, web, organic linking, paid advertising, quotes, gathering material etc etc sometimes I find that is all my mind does and I rarely can have a conversation with friends about off topic business cause it consumes so much of my time.

I am glad to be part of this forum because I feel like you guys and gals know what I am talking about and where I am coming from to a certain extent.

This summer I was really stoked to get into some water sports like kayaking I find it very relaxing and its healthy exercise, winters coming which sucks in so many ways. Thank the lord for Zero V.O.C. Otherwise I would probably have to get a normal job working for the man.

I will take a look at what everyone else has to say in this section just to escape my busy mind sometimes.

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
Re: They just don't know!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 03:19:43 AM »
Thank the lord for Zero V.O.C.

What has that got to do with anything???

Offline A New Leaf Painting

• Painting Contractor Jacksonville FL
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »
Well, maybe it has to do with the talk about anything, with a little paint added? LMBO!
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin Painters Jacksonville FL

Offline RichardParker

• Pretty much a do it myself kinda guy
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:28:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum. What type of business are you planning to establish?
I wish you a good luck for it.
John Reider Properties

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 10:38:54 AM »
Thank the lord for Zero V.O.C.

What has that got to do with anything???
everything, when i started painting tract homes we would brush and roll everything, my fellow painters would always bust my butt because i always wore a respirator, it somewhat restricts your breathing and when rolling flat wall and physically put the paint on the walls added to the challenge for me, today 4 of them are dead, not saying it was the paint and their lack of ppe's but it makes you wonder, i always say the day they can make paint you can drink is the day that i will be happy, i dont mind using the newest formulas of paint and it doesnt bother me one bit if i have to tweak the application of these new formulas a bit in order to still walk away from a job with an even, uniform and flawless finish, its easy to figure out
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline excelpainting

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 03:57:48 PM »
I live in Washington State and just watched a news investigatory report of Hanford Nuclear Site clean up here.  They spoke with workers who are dying from radiation poisoning even though the Department of Energy (they are in charge of the clean up) assured them it was very safe.  Now they are finding internal memos that show they knew it wasn't safe but didn't care.  So I say go for the respirator.  Don't trust the paint manufacturers when breathing this stuff. 

George
Excel Painting Company Seattle
http:www.excelpaintingcompany.com

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 01:43:34 PM »
Sometimes there seems to be more difficulty then opportunity...then it turns! Stay Strong!

Straight Edge Painting LLC
House Painting Jacksonville FL