Author Topic: Pro Classic  (Read 8934 times)

Offline Lukester

Pro Classic
« on: November 04, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »
I'm trying to brush an interior door, it's a previously painted smooth finish (no panels) I've tried adding various amounts of Floetrol to the point of lossing the sheen, I've tried adding water for more open time but to no avail! working as fast as possible but seems it just tacks up to quickly.
I've 29 years experience and under the impression that this is the right product for the task, I know the pro classic emulsion would perform better but have used other brands of latex paint with much success. any thoughts??

Offline A New Leaf Painting

• Painting Contractor Jacksonville FL
Re: Pro Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »
As you know, this is a common issue we all face when using ProClassic on flat panel doors. I don't believe there is a silver bullet to help address your challenges. Although, there are other application process which still might not give you the results your hoping to achieve. I'd be interested to see what some others will think. Painting Contractors Jacksonville FL
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:15:24 PM by A New Leaf Painting »
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin Painters Jacksonville FL

Offline mymint87

• PF God
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
definately not the old lead based oils where you could use a mop or a push broom and it would still flow out like glass, but tipping off a flat door is still easily done with the acrylic paints today, trades secrets are just that, good luck, 29 years of painting you should be able to figure it out, i wont tell you but i will give you a few hints

1. its not oil so dont treat it as such
2. use the quick drying characteristic to your advantage
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

Offline 1st Coast Painting

• 1st Coast Painting & more inc
    • House Painters
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 01:59:49 PM »
We usually prep off doors and spray. the dry time is now a benefit.
Done right the 1st time! www.1stcoastpainting.com
<a href="http://1stcoastpainting.com">house painters</a>

anything