Author Topic: hi everyone!!! help this newbie..  (Read 9095 times)

Offline leeshin

• 1877painters
hi everyone!!! help this newbie..
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:21:49 AM »
im interested in painting( not art, house painting).. i always experience the painting scar on the wall when i use rollers how can i overcome it???
waiting for the suggestion!!!
1877painters

Offline chrisn

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
    • http://www.paintingwallpaperinghagerstown.com/
Re: hi everyone!!! help this newbie..
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:02:28 AM »
im interested in painting( not art, house painting).. i always experience the painting scar on the wall when i use rollers how can i overcome it???

??? ???

Offline mymint87

• PF God
Re: hi everyone!!! help this newbie..
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
welcome

1. use the proper nap length roller, example, 3/8" for level 5 drywall
2. understand the tool, pressure side of the roller frame is the side the frame enters the roller cover sleeve
3. use light pressure and upstroke when roller first goes from bucket and applies on the surface
4. quickly even out the coating from the freshly loaded roller skin using all directions as necessary and achieve a thin coating
5. re roll laying off going in one direction, from top to bottom only or bottom to top only, proceeding left or right as each roll is completed whichever is comfortable or allowable, never let the roller slide, control tracks by twisting the pole in your hands as you roll to even out the pressure side the roller which naturally will occur because of the roller frame design
I don't do this for a hobby and I'm damn sure I don't need the practice

anything