Author Topic: Are some airless guns better than others? and 2 or 4 finger triggers?  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Chip McCheckellson

I read in a Graco "Magnum" pdf document that 2 inches of paint lie just ahead of the needle and seat(from the tip to the needle/s) in a typical airless gun, and thats where "normal" spitting comes from when you depress the trigger because that 2 inches of paint move out of the gun, but not with enough pressure to atomize it. So I have my eye on the Graco Silver plus gun, going for 150us on Ebay. The fluid inlet goes right to the tip, but in the Graco brochure, it doesn't say anything about reduced spitting. Its also for up to 5000 psi, so its design might not be that great for up-to-3000ish sprayers?

Any thoughts?

Also what do you like better, the 2 or 4 fingered triggers?

I plan to use the Graco 390 btw.
Please don't breed or buy while shelter pets die, opt to adopt.

Offline rmichael

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • You gotta love it!
Re: Are some airless guns better than others? and 2 or 4 finger triggers?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »
Hi Chip,

I own a Graco 390 setup and I have never had a problem with spitting except when using an extension. Most spitting is related to an obstruction in the needle seat or a wore set, but spitting is inherent when using a tip extension.

I use a four finger gun, I have tried a two finger gun but I just didn't like the feel. :-\

Best of Luck
rmichael     pro painter
Pro Painter 30 years ~ Down East Coastal NC

"Hell Son, It's always been about the work."

Offline Fred

Re: Are some airless guns better than others? and 2 or 4 finger triggers?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 10:31:37 AM »
http://www.gleempaint.com/sprayspraypa.html this is the gun we use and this package is a good deal. We use these everyday, or should I say abuse these everyday.usually we get a year out of them. If you watch gleempaint they run all kinds of deals on them . the last 2 years the have offered "buy 10 tips get a gun free" what ever you buy maake sure you can clean the filter in the gun without any tools, and that it has a swivel mounted on the gun. As far as 2 versus 4 finger it's strickly a matter of preference. mine is 4 finger......
We don't pick the color, we just put them on......