Author Topic: painting as a career  (Read 8917 times)

Offline bennspossi

• I'm a llama!
painting as a career
« on: July 23, 2005, 10:56:12 AM »
Hi,   I am considering professional painting as a career, and am interested in people's comments about pros and cons.  I'm curious about opinions about health issues, ie  being exposed to fumes, carpal tunnel, etc.   I love to paint....and feel happy at the end of even a very tiring day.   I've painted dozens of interiors, and would consider exterior as well.   What should I be thinking about?  Thanks for your help,

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Flying this Spruce Goose
    • painterforum
Re:painting as a career
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 09:43:50 AM »

And I'll bet that you are good at it. You have to really enjoy this type of work. I think most of us are in it for the gratification and the sense of accomplishment we get from the work, After all, that's what it is all about.

The True Craftsmen in the painting Trade are the ones that constantly strive for perfection, although we all fall short of that goal, the challenge and beauty of the Trade is in that effort.

I suppose there are health risks with almost any Trade. You can manage the risks by following all the safety guidelines ( ventilation, wearing a respirator when called for, etc.)
Good Luck.

admin  pro painter
I am a webmaster in the tradition of Howard Hughes, I fly this Spruce Goose of a website through cyberspace by the seat of my pants and I usually manage to keep her just above the water, but every now and then I get a wet ass. Let me know if you feel a shudder.

Offline Demon

• I'm a llama!
Re:painting as a career
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 12:43:36 AM »
Hey there!
Just wanted to welcome you to the club:) I'm in this business for little bit over a year, and I'd like to share my satisfaction from it with you. Whatever the risks are, seeing the job done well is worth it.
Good luck with your career.
Demon.

Offline walkerpainting

• Walker Painting
    • Long Island Painter
Re: painting as a career
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »
Hello fellow members,

We've been in business over 30 years, I  can't say it's been easy but it's been very rewarding.  There's nothing like starting up your own business. You make money, help people, and that's the real american dream to our family. I would say go for it!  ;D

http://walkerpainting.com/rockville-centre-painter/

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:52:27 AM »
Hi,   I am considering professional painting as a career, and am interested in people's comments about pros and cons.  I'm curious about opinions about health issues, ie  being exposed to fumes, carpal tunnel, etc.   I love to paint....and feel happy at the end of even a very tiring day.   I've painted dozens of interiors, and would consider exterior as well.   What should I be thinking about?  Thanks for your help,

I have a pain in my right shoulder from doing so many top cut-ins and rolling...
Watch out for old age  ;D
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline soperfectpaint

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 02:17:20 AM »
It is hard core job you need to do lots of hard job because it is not an easy job to paint whole house,an office or some buildings.

www.soperfectpaint.com/

anything