Author Topic: Texture Ghost  (Read 8968 times)

Offline TallyPainter

• postingpro
  • Do the next right thing
Texture Ghost
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:06:40 PM »
Some years ago I worked for a three man crew with the "Boss" having less experience painting than the other two of us.  He was more the "promotion guy".  Actually looser was a better word.

I always told him he was going to hard on the textured ceilings and going over them too many times.   Of course he was the boss and would not listen.

He also grunted when he rolled ceilings.  In fact one time he was making so much noise that when I was in another room I was scared that him and the other painter were getting it on.  Seriously, heavy breathing etc. 

One day we were painting a vacant town house.  I was upstairs painting the bath room, he was doing the kitchen ceiling.  Suddenly I heard the spew of loud swearing, and ran down stairs to see what the problem was.  The entire texture coating had fallen on him in a sheet, he looked like a short fat little ghost.  I suspect you took it a little easier after that

the PAINTSMITH

Re: Texture Ghost
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 04:04:46 PM »

He also grunted when he rolled ceilings.  In fact one time he was making so much noise that when I was in another room I was scared that him and the other painter were getting it on.  Seriously, heavy breathing etc. 

Hey Darrell, I resemble that remark! :P

Actually, one of my mentors back in my apprenticeship days told me; "If you want to impress the customer, make it look easy and sound hard..." ;)