Author Topic: Hobbies Anyone?  (Read 46233 times)

Offline eaglebeak

Re: Hobbies Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 10:41:20 PM »
Hi Eric

I listened to your music and liked it.  You put a lot of soul in it.  We  up here in Canada love that kind of music.  It would be nice if you get a contract.  Your voice doesn't match your looks though. lol  Good stuff.

Offline Mike the painter

• popespainting.com
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 01:12:54 AM »
My hobby  :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:34:00 AM by Mike the painter »

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 08:16:10 AM »
Hi Eric

I listened to your music and liked it.  You put a lot of soul in it.  We  up here in Canada love that kind of music.  It would be nice if you get a contract.  Your voice doesn't match your looks though. lol  Good stuff.

Thanks Eaglebeak, I appreciate it. I've never been a fan of my own voice, though, believe it or not, I won a small number of vocal competitions in my youth, though the style was classical then. I just don't have the discipline to really apply myself vocally...As far as not matching my looks, well... :-\, I'd love to have Johnny Cash's tone, but we're given what we're given, eh? I have some favorite Canadien performers as well, so we're even  ;) ...

Offline Kevin

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »
Good stuff Eric

I disagree that your looks dont match your voice, just need a different picture on this site, like the one on the music site. Strange highway sort of reminds me of the old Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 11:09:15 AM »
Heh heh heh, well shoot folks, I'll be performing a 90 minute show at a local theater in February...Should I expect you? ;D

Thanks for the good words... 8)

Eric

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 08:36:05 PM »
Mike

Great scenery. Where is this?

Don't break your painting hand.
Looks like fun but I'm to old for that anymore.

Lynjo

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

Offline Mike the painter

• popespainting.com
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 10:54:57 PM »
Mike

Great scenery. Where is this?

Don't break your painting hand.
Looks like fun but I'm to old for that anymore.

Lynjo

Those photo's were taken in Oregon. Sand Lake near Tillamook http://www.sandlakeoregon.com/  And Browns Camp http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/browncamp.html It is fun.:) And your never too old. ;) I'm 44                                                                                                       
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:01:26 PM by Mike the painter »

Offline DecorativeWalls

• postingpro
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 05:05:28 PM »
My hobby-  Fishing (Freshwater-Bass)
:)

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 07:11:38 AM »
I'm restoring a 1914 Victrola that has been in my mother in law's basement for over 75 years.
I had it appraised a week ago and the value shocked me! $8000...............  :o

I'll snap a digital of it and send it soon. It's has some really neat characteristics.

For those of you who enjoy music, especially bands, my son in law is the founder and bass player of a successful band.
They took this from college to today and have several CD's released. They also work under a label. They work real jobs too..for income. Sean is a multimedia designer; drummer is a dentist; other two are communication network developers.

For your listening pleasure.

http://mirandasound.com

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

the PAINTSMITH

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 09:22:39 AM »
Great stuff Michael! Very easy to listen to...My last gig with a band was in 1989, I'd love to get something together with some good musicians around here to do my stuff with, ain't as easy as it sounds...Luck to the guys...

My favorite getaway hobby is fishing, when I could afford it I flew R/C aircraft, still have the planes and gear, but no time for it (or the dispendable income). I'd love a 4-wheeler but that's out of reach at the moment as well.

...My wife has boxes and boxes of really old stuff, some dating to the 18th century; coins, documents, photos, etc...We have yet to get it all appraised for insurance, but I've told her on countless occasions that the Antiques Roadshow could spend a couple of days with her alone... 8)

Offline brushworks

• postingpro
  • Can I paint latex over oil? Sheeeeesh..YES!
    • Legends Distribution LLC
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 11:25:52 AM »
Thanks Eric. I'll pass that along.

It's getting more and more difficult for them too. All new fathers and such. They love their little girls at home and going to several cities to duel with other bands is becoming infrequent.

They have played in MN and Wisconsin on several occasions. Since the Smoke Free Ohio has been
passed, they are now scheduling more local areas to play. After several hours of playing and singing
in some of those smoke filled clubs, they were barely able to talk the next day. Now they have a new slate of prospective gigs.

I was told by an antique dealer  "not to touch the original finish". All I'm going to do with the Victrola is
clean it up with some Formby's Original Oils.

The records for it have large grooves. A far cry from a CD or DVD ;D

If your Mrs is interested in a huge, and I mean huge, (seats 20), dining room tables there is one in that basement. Got room? ;)

Michael
When asked, "what do you do for a living?" I reply, "I market the world's best windows and doors."

Offline Tallman

• Tallmanpainting.com
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 12:01:19 AM »
Eric, I really enjoyed your songs.  I haven't played my guitar in a couple of years but as the work is slowing down a bit for the winter I'm hoping to pick it up a bit.

My business partner, my foreman and I all bought dirt bikes a couple of months ago.  I grew up rurally and rode when I was a kid.  Brandon and Dale are new to dirt biking, picking it up really rapidly.  Mike we'll see you at sand lake this summer!

I also have a SKM/Rotax Kart that I race, and A 1991 Toyota MR2 that I autocross.

I'm also a bit of a forum junkie. ;D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 12:03:36 AM by Tallman »
"Friendly professionals providing expert craftsmanship and absolute quality"

Offline BrushJockey

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 11:03:41 AM »
I am always surprized at the amount of musicians , or "previously known as" musicians out there!  LOL. Me too.  Been a drummer my whole life, but just as an impassioned hobby. I now play in a Brazilian style Batucada ( all percussion + voice ) , like what is used in Carnaval.
 I have done electronic, classic rock, ambient etc.   Mostly I bang on whatever is avalable!
(edit- here's a sampling..
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=426778  )

Also a big fan of WW2 Air Combat Sims, Forgotten Battles particularly.

And hang out at several forums myself.

Here is my control room!! 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 01:22:24 PM by BrushJocky »
"It would be ludicrous to think I'm new to this, I know this, this is what I do"  ( Prince and Geo Clinton..)

Offline blackwolf

• Just the fax maam
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 12:00:55 PM »
My hobby is playing hockey, which I have been doing for about 10 years, and I just started scuba diving, I tried playing the guitar but I could not follow through on the practice time....and by the way Eric I loved "Bartholomew" felt like I was listening to Willie Nelson.

Offline Lynjowoman

• postingpro
  • PF Mega God
  • Sometimes the best man for the job.. is a Woman.
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2006, 12:37:08 PM »
Also a big fan of WW2 Air Combat Sims, Forgotten Battles particularly. 

Brushjocky

Have you heard of Jack Conger WWII Marine Fighter Ace ?

Lynjo
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
Charlotte Whitton

anything