Author Topic: Hobbies Anyone?  (Read 46240 times)

Vin

Re: Hobbies Anyone?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2007, 09:41:21 AM »
Yeah the Yuba, Klamath, feather, Sacramento rivers are all really big rivers lots of places for gold to hide, here the rivers aren't so big.

I tried going into a mine once I got my body inside and got hit hard with claustrophobia :o, the neat thing about the mine was the outside was all setup with an arrastra ( sp) where they crushed the ore the huge piece of granite with a huge eye hook was still sitting there next to it. The guys found a lot of stuff around there with the metal detector especially nice were the Chinese coins that had been left behind and old tools .

Last time I went out was to take the 3" out for a test run and everything that could go wrong did LOL I got it primed one time before the motor went down so we just put our masks and snorkels on and cruised around the river and I found a few really good spots that way for the next visit, I found exposed granite bedrock in a few areas that ran against the river, I should have gone down and sniped the cracks but i'm going to go back to that same spot and get them with the dredge.

It is nice just to get away from everything I have been anxious now to get back out for a month or more now I have such an obsession with this it got rediculous i'm getting ready to go an look at a 4" to buy sometime this week I know for sure i could buy and sell it and make a nice proift but I probably wouldn't want to get rid of it I ran a 4" once and it was fantastic moved A LOT of material with a dredge that size.

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »
I have recently got back into painting. Pictures not houses  ;)
Here is one I'm still working on. I had a hard time getting a good photo of it. :-\

Click Me

here is another piece i made in Photoshop.

Click Me

Vin

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »
Baur is that air brushed? the first one.

Nice Bomb blast :o

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2007, 11:41:59 AM »
some of it is spray paint from cans. the rest is brushwork  :)

Vin

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »

HAve you checked out the spray paint artists on youtube baur?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9CAW9wUFek

Offline Bauer

• postingpro
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
Pretty cool stuff. I'm not all that great, but i have fun doing it.

Vin

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »
I have always wanted to get into watercolor painting, I've seen some stuff that just blows me away especially water color with reflections, its got me looking for one artist in particular she does fantastic works of art.

Have a great Day Baur make some art ;)

Offline Fat Tony

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2007, 02:34:30 AM »
When im not working one job or the other i like a nice enjoyable 3-4 hours at the rifle range shooting my souped up 10/22. Gun costs about $180 at wal mart and i got like $1500 in it, lol.
I just shoot mainly for group size. Used to shoot high power stuff but reloading out i this climate is a pain in the summer time. Who feels like working on brass in the garage when the temp is 115 outside ?

Vin

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2007, 04:34:23 AM »
Me this last weekend high banking a sand bar on local river ( hard to get to no one goes here ) lots of gold just real fine stuff mostly no nuggets

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v23/lardbucket/?action=view&current=SanJoaquinrivergold.flv

Offline Workaholic

• postingpro
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »
Eric, my sound card is busted so i am unable to hear you music, but i am curious now after all the comments. When i put one in i will have to check it out.

my favorite was an 8-year stint as a glassblower. 
That is something i have always wanted to do. I used to really enjoy pottery when i lived on the west coast. I would like to get back into pottery.

[/quote]Those photo's were taken in Oregon. Sand Lake near Tillamook http://www.sandlakeoregon.com/  And Browns Camp http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/browncamp.html It is fun.:) And your never too old. ;) I'm 44                                                                                                       
[/quote]Been out that way many times, i really miss snowmobiling, i used to Go to Bend alot, and of course the beach for rock hounding.

I have always wanted to get into watercolor painting, I've seen some stuff that just blows me away especially water color with reflections, its got me looking for one artist in particular she does fantastic works of art.
That is some thing i would like to dabble in as well Vin, btw who is the artist?

Right now my hobbies are inline skating and Biking, trying to get back more into shape like i used to be.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:51:53 PM by Workaholic »
Sean

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2015, 09:20:49 PM »
I like to workout and to do yoga  ;D

Straight Edge Painting LLC
Expert Painters

Offline Precision Painting

• Voted Vancouver's #1 Painting Company
    • Vancouver Painters
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2015, 01:45:04 AM »
I like to workout and to do yoga  ;D

Precision Painting
Vancouver Painting Company

I like to work out too... Yoga seems too girly for me...  :P
Our business has been servicing Vancouver since 1994. We are dedicated to deliver high quality painting services in the Lower Mainland.

Web: Vancouver Painters

Google+: PrecisionpaintingCa

Offline Straight Edge Painting

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2015, 05:52:02 AM »
Yep, me and twenty girls doing yoga.  Sounds like heaven to me!  ;D

Straight Edge Painting LLC
exterior painters

anything